Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vintage/Embroidered Dress


My niece rummaged through my mom's linen closet and came across these gorgeously embroidered pillowcases and wrapped it around herself. She told me she wanted me to make her a dress and I was so excited! But....I didn't want your ordinary pillowcase dress. The ribbons come undone, you have to double knot it, sometimes it's too boxy looking....so I wanted something different. I didn't want to lose the gorgeous detailing, either. Luckily, there was another pillowcase just like it so I could make one for my little girl.

Last night I got to work and created this....


I will post a tutorial soon!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this!!!! It is so pretty!

a Matula ikrek said...

Very nice! :o)

Unknown said...

Ah thats lovely!

Kelli said...

Absolutely precious!

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your website
by accident, and I'm stunned why this accident didn't took place earlier!
I bookmarked it.

Look at my blog - great point

Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

my blog :: online psychics