Thursday, April 7, 2011

Springy Skirt for Momma!



It's definitely Spring time here in the South and I needed something to wear to beat the heat in April. I LOVE the Market Skirt from Dana on her MADE blog: http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-market-skirt.html and wanted to make something similar. I tried my hand at a denim skirt last year with a gathered waist but I was tired of it. So I cut it apart and tried again. I'm much happier with the way this one looks and I've already worn it 3 times in the past week! :) Next up is a seersucker one for myself, along with some Easter outfits for my little ones.

4 comments:

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

I was just thinking of remaking the market skirt in my ,size. How did you do the waistband?

Kelli said...

Very cute! I made a skirt for me last weekend, a simple elastic waist, but I thought of you! You are rubbing off on me...

cookieandclaire said...

Yes very cute! I am going to make something like this for myself - I went to Dana's page and looked at the resizing.. oh the math! I have to have coffee for that one.
I'm a new follower - stop by www.cookieandclaire.blogspot.com if you have a chance!

Krista said...

Cute! I think making skirts is addictive. So easy. (At least, the one version I know how to make is easy!) Thanks for visiting my blog!