Halter Dress Tutorial for Women
This will make a size XS / Small
Here's a quick tutorial on how to make yourself a halter dress. I literally sewed this so quickly, that even I surprised myself! Want to know why? Because it is made from 1 pattern piece! Woohoo!! Simple. That's how this lady likes it. Both my kids were napping, the sun was shining, new material was stacked up in my sewing studio and I thought I needed to treat myself to something new. This dress is perfect poolside, for running errands or even going out for date night. I hope you try it!
3. Starting at the top left edge measure down 9 inches. Draw a line 11 inches long towards the fold of the fabric, then curve up and draw a line all the way towards the top of the fabric's edge. (That curve is your armhole curve.)
4. Cut this out.
5. Cut two strips of 1/4 inch elastic 5 inches long each.
6. Pin each strip of elastic 1 inch away from the edge.
7. Fold over 1/4 inch then another 1/4 inch on your dress straight edge and armhole (the shape you cut out). Pin and sew. Repeat for other side. This hems your back/armholes.
10. Sew along your folded edge.
12. Insert your ribbon through the ribbon casing. Fray check the ends.
12. Try on your dress. Hem it as you wish.
Shirring TUTORIAL HERE.
View from the back.
Happy Spring and Happy Sewing!