Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Sewing for Sweet Friends

 Who can resist sewing for this sweet face?
I sure can't! This is Barrett, an adorable little boy that lives across the street. His mom and I have become good friends and have playdates all the time. Isn't it great when you can find a friend like that? A friend that has children close to your children's ages and someone you would be friends with even if you met before you had kids? Well that's his mom, Rebecca. And guess what? She's crafty too and has a monogramming machine! I know I sound excited about it like it was mine, but she offered to monogram some things for me if I sewed some things for her little boy, Barrett.
FREE MONOGRAMMING?
Of course I will take her up on that :)
So here is one of the outfits I made for Barrett. It's a navy and yellow striped pair of shorts with an initial applique. It's cute, summery and perfect for a fun-loving little boy, who loves wearing his daddy's cowboy boots! Yeehaw! 

I will be posting the awesome things she monogrammed (Catherine's 2 dresses - one is seersucker and another is lime green and white polk-a-dots, a beach bag, and 4 t-shirts that my kids call "Mrs. Becca's" shirts) later this week.
Oh and if you want to know how many times I had to make the shorts, it was twice! I even followed a pattern when I made the first pair because I wanted to make it "right." But "right" ended up being able to fit a 12 month old instead of a size 2T. Has that ever happened to you?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love Barrett's new clothes!! And I think I won the neighbor lottery when we moved across the street from your sweet family~~
Here's to many more playdates and lots of future bartering sewing for monogramming :)