Anyway I finally found a pair that I love and I feel they fit my oval shaped (long) face. YAY! So I wanted to get/make a case for them. Things always get scratched up in my purse or diaper bag or in the console, so I wanted these to be a little safer. So I whipped up a new Sunglass Case Tutorial! Enjoy!
Sunglass Case Tutorial
12 inches x 11 inches fabric
12 inches x 11 inches lining fabric (something soft)
scissors, thread, sewing machine
1. Cut your fabric and your lining. Lay your lining fabric right side DOWN and lay your outer fabric on top, right side UP.
2. Fold each piece of fabric in a half inch along one edge (on the 11 inch side). The folded edges should touch each other. Press this edge with an iron.
3. Sew down this edge only using a 1/8 inch seam allowance. Clip threads.
4. Fold in half lengthwise with right sides together of your main fabric. Pin the outer edge. Sew this long edge using a 5/8 inch seam allowance.
5. Lay your seam in the center like shown above. This will be your back center seam. Press down with an iron and pin the bottom /unsewn edge.
6. Sew along this line using a 5/8 inch seam allowance.
7. Turn inside out and PRESTO! You have a very chic sunglass holder! (Next time I would have added a rosette or a ruffle before I began sewing. But these are so easy to whip up I just might make another one soon!)