Tutorial: The Mini Dress
(This will make a size 2T, but you can make it in any size.)
One t-shirt that fits your child (it can be long or short sleeved)
1/3 yard cotton fabric
pins, scissors, sewing machine, thread, ruler
1. Gather materials.
2. If the shirt you have is long sleeved, cut the sleeves at off. You can leave the edges raw or zig-zag stitch the edges to make them have "lettuce edge" - which will curl them. I left mine raw.
8. Sew your fabric onto your shirt, removing pins as you sew. Make sure you gently pull the t-shirt as you sew the fabric to it. It will give your shirt dress a little more stretch. If you simply pin and sew it without stretching it, there won't be any wiggle room for your little one.
11. Sew along your pinned edge, removing pins as you sew.
12. Add any embellishments you wish.
13. Turn dress right side out. You did it!!
Try it on your little girl and be proud of what you made!
Add some cowboy boots to really "sass" up the outfit, a big bow and maybe even a baseball. You know, little ladies like all sorts of things! I'm amazed my little one posed for this picture! She thought her boots were so fun that she was dancing around the yard and I kept having to say, "Freeze and smile!" :) I finally got a few good pictures!
Catherine was saying, "Mommy I love it! I can't wait to show Daddy! See my dress?"
Definitely a Daddy's little girl :)