Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dress A Girl


When I was introduced to the blog Hopeful Threads, written by Kristy Smith, I was struck with admiration for what she does. Kristy finds causes to put her sewing talent to good use and she is not alone in her endeavor. Each month Kristy finds one cause that needs handmade/handsewn items and posts about her month's project and people start signing up to help her simply by commenting. Within a few days Kristy not only exceeds the goal that she had for herself and her blog, but surpasses her goal.


Last month Kristy's challenge was to sew dresses for the cause, Dress a Girl Around The World. This organization coordinates sending pillowcase dresses that people sew to little girls that need a new dress. These dresses may be their only brand new dress they have ever received. Can you imagine? Knowing how much my little girl adores her dresses, I knew this was something I had to do. I sorted through my fabric stash, bought 2 packages of double folded bias tape and got to work. Here are my 4 dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World. I will ship them tomorrow and I am so happy that 4 little girls will have something brand new to wear pretty soon.

If you want to learn more about sewing for those in need, check out her blog, Hopeful Threads, by CLICKING HERE.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Thank you so much! Your dresses and fabric choices are lovely!

Neldajay said...

cute!