Friday, February 3, 2012

Tickled Pink Sundress


Have you been wondering what to do with those utility stitches on your sewing machine? Have you ever tried them out? Recently I started trying every stitch on a white scrap of fabric and enjoyed playing around with them. After I stepped back and looked at a few I liked, I knew I wanted to make an embellished sundress for my little girl. Here are some pics:



Five rows of stitching along the top and one along the bottom hem = 1 sweet dress



Catherine thought it was perfect for dancing outside and picking purple flowers.

Go try out those extra stitches on your machine and think of all the possibilities you can create!

3 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

Oh, I love this, it's so adorable! And your child super cute! Great job, I may try those stitches.

Sundress Sue said...

I don't know what I like more, the adorable little girl in the sundress or the photography. The purple flower held forward is a great shot!

Susanne said...

What a cute dress, (almost as adorable as the girl) the seams made all the difference.