Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Women's Shirred Sundress

Linen.
I love linen.

 It reminds me of summertime, sunscreen, floppy hats, listening to Zac Brown Band by the pool, Tommy Bahama clothes, laying on a hammock, breezy morning beach walks in Destin....so many memories. I've been so inspired by Pinterest lately and some drop waist dresses that I have been seeing that I made this shirred drop waisted sundress. And if you really like it...next week it will be in our pattern shop. I think I'm going to make another in a paisley rayon next, then in an eggplant linen with ribbon trim and straps, then in an orange linen with a large wooden bead with halter straps....and then...well, someone will have to stop me!



Want to learn to shir? Be on the lookout for a tutorial on shirring - coming soon!
Once you learn to shir, will be a shirring rock star all summer long!

To stay posted on new PDF sewing pattern releases follow us on Facebook.
To see our other PDF sewing patterns CLICK HERE.

Happy Sewing!!
Seamingly Smitten

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously Jenny, You are AMAZING!!! I LOVE this and am hoping it will work with my big belly this summer! :)

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Thanks, Natalie!! Congratulations on baby #3!! I'm so happy for you and Ross (and Harper and Cliff, of course!)! It can definitely be a maternity dress. Stretchy material - shirred and flowy!

Vintage Girl said...

Very cute! This is something you can live in all summer. Excellent job on the shirring. Looks difficult to do, looking forward to your tutorial.

Paige said...

Love it and it looks great on you!

Kelli said...

So very cute! Both you and the dress, of course!