Sunday, October 9, 2011

Finished Dress - the open-shouldered look


I've been working on sewing up a dress for myself (taking a break from sewing for the kids and others) and had posted about starting it here. I was frustrated with figuring out what to do with the bottom of the dress. Thanks, ladies, for those that had some suggestions. I love comments and will take suggestions anyday!

Well, it is finally completed! Take a look:




This open-shouldered look is my favorite part!



I added a sash, wore tights and some black booties and was ready for my Friday night.  I didn't really want it to be a sash, but I got so excited when I finished it that I wanted to wear it out that night to the Duran, Duran concert! 
Hoping this mama pulled it off...I thought it was cute at least!
What do you think? Would you wear a belt with it?
Is it too short for tall black boots?

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Looking good, hot mama! i think it came out just right!

Unknown said...

Oh La La! You are one hot mama! Love it!

OrloSubito said...

Is so beautiful!!!!! and the fabric is a little retro like, perfect for a Duran duran concert:-)

SewSweetTV said...

So Cute! I am working on a similar dress now! Visiting from the SugarBee Crafts linky! :)
sewsweettv.blogspot.com