Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Table Runner

Waking up to the cooler weather yesterday was such a good feeling! Living down South it isn't very common for us to have that kind of treat until late November or sometimes December. There are even pictures from past Christmas mornings of my cousins, sister and I when we were younger dressed in shorts playing with our new toys. So you can imagine how refreshing cooler weather is in October!

I ran to Hobby Lobby and found this gorgeous home dec fabric on sale (the bolt was almost empty so it was on SUPER SALE), scooped up 1 yard, 2 tassels that coordinated and made this table runner.



It's so FALL and really seems to bring out the color of our table. Now I need to get some pumpkins and gourds!


This bromeliad is the perfect indoor plant! It's been on our table for 2 months. I love the subtle purple in it's flower.
Does anyone else get inspired to sew now that the weather is turning? What are you making? Halloween costumes, curtains, table covers....? Do share!
And because we have to keep it somewhat whimsical, here's my favorite accessory on top my china hutch. Such a French Country look, I had to have it.

Hope you're all having a great week crafting, sewing and hot glue-ing something creative and inspiring!

5 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

really nice runner, you will be able to get a lot of use out of it, as its not too specific to any season! Well done ;o)

Unknown said...

Love it but that hutch is SCREAMING my name! It's fabulous! Did you refinish it?!?

Unknown said...

.. And I LOVE your table too!

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Thanks girls! Natalie, I found that hutch at an antique shop in a small town nearby. It was already refinished! It was one of those phone calls to my husband, "I wasn't looking for it, but I have to have it!"

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're using? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely
different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you suggest a good web hosting provider
at a fair price? Thank you, I appreciate it!

Visit my web site - how does cash advance work