Sunday, January 30, 2011

There's a Leopard in my Living Room! (pillows...that is)


Leopard Pillows


When I saw this navy blue, textured leopard fabric I simply had to have it. Had to. I bought half a yard of it and half a yard of a navy blue solid textured (super soft) fabric. I put the leopard fabric on the the front of the pillows and the solid on the back. Easy rainy day afternoon project! And...a little secret...it's a NO SEW project.

I learned about a product called Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web. It's basically a strip of glue that is ironed on all 3 sides with right sides together, flip it right side out, put the pillow form inside, fold over the last side and use the fusible bonding to close up the edge. Done! And in less than an hour I made my couch a little more sassy! I'm not even sure if you can put flowers and leopard side by side, but for now it's staying.

3 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Cool cushion...thanks for becoming my 'friend'. I think I was already yours as it just signed my in...didn't let me follow! I'll check at my end.

sew grown said...

I love that scarf! Ruffles are everywhere these days. I love all the inspiration! Thanks for the great blog!

Rebecca said...

Jenny! Look at you with the sassy animal print pillows, I love them! Great job~~ And isn't that no-sew tape the best?