Thursday, August 12, 2010

Embroidered Frock/Dress

After making my first pleated neckline dress I wanted to try to tackle another one for myself. I decided to take an ordinary matte jersey material in chocolate brown and embroider it.
First I made the basic tube shape and shirred the top a few rows and then the waist. Then I ironed on fusible interfacing along the front in the middle where I was going to embroider. Here is the embroidered detailing....I used a pink and a caramel colored thread.
Looking back I should have embroidered the whole dress first, then started shirring and sewing it. And I should have had someone else take the pictures :) I tried the automatic timer for the first time and probably took 20 pictures but could never get in the right spot and get a good distance from the camera. I'll keep trying! OH and I need a lesson on hemming! :)

3 comments:

Terrell said...

This is waaay cute! Can you make me one? lol, I don't have a sewing machine at this time. :D I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower..I love new friends at FrouFrouDecor! I'd also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway..every Friday! Hope to see you there!
XO's
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Sew Hungryhippie said...

This is really cute! Look at you-you're a clothes makin' machine!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw. :o) Peace out
natalie

Jennifer said...

It came out great!! I love that you are so eager to just try new things. I am a new sewer and haven't gotten to that point yet.