After making my first pleated neckline dress I wanted to try to tackle another one for myself. I decided to take an ordinary matte jersey material in chocolate brown and embroider it.
First I made the basic tube shape and shirred the top a few rows and then the waist. Then I ironed on fusible interfacing along the front in the middle where I was going to embroider. Here is the embroidered detailing....I used a pink and a caramel colored thread.Looking back I should have embroidered the whole dress first, then started shirring and sewing it. And I should have had someone else take the pictures :) I tried the automatic timer for the first time and probably took 20 pictures but could never get in the right spot and get a good distance from the camera. I'll keep trying! OH and I need a lesson on hemming! :)