Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Shirred Knit Dress

Another Project for Myself...I'm seeing a pattern here!
After I made my first shirred dress for my sister (below) I wanted to try to make myself one.I found a paisley knit and created a shirred summer dress. I LOVE IT! It's comfortable, airy, perfect for chasing little babies around the house and I didn't need a pattern. I don't know how to use patterns, so I just measure, cut and go with it. I'm just glad it worked!
Oh - and my sister and I aren't twins :)

3 comments:

lifewithquads said...

Gotta' love the shirring, don't we? It's like miracle sewing. lol

Dagny said...

Super cute! I just tried shirring for the first time on a dress and I totally love it. Totally comfy for summer heat.

http://finallyfinishedcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/06/most-flattering-shirt-dress-absolutely.html

Sew Much Ado said...

Those are adorable! I've been dying to sewing something with shirring, and I think I just found my excuse! That's funny that you mentioned that you and your sister aren't twins, me and my sister's always get asked if we're twins too :).