Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shirred Linen Top

A project for myself!
After making my sister a knit shirred dress I wanted to tackle a project for myself. If you know me, that means something quick and easy that I can finish during my kids' afternoon naptime...an hour and a half. This is what I created - the shirred halter top.
I took some linen, cut a rectangle, hemmed the top and bottom, shirred 18 rows across the top, ironed it, then added a strap and sewed it up the back to make a tube.
An hour and a half! Some of you may think it looks like it would take a lot less time-
but I'm a slow sewer! :)

1 comment:

Haley said...

Where oh where did you get that fabric? Any hints on the designer? I have been looking for a great black/gray/yellow print for a laundry room project F.O.R.E.V.E.R!!
And the shirred top is awesome! :)