Want to know how to sew one? Great! Let's do it!!
1. Gather materials: skirt material, waistband material, one package of bias tape, scissors, pins, sewing machine and thread
2. Figure out the LENGTH of the skirt you want. Cut a piece of fabric the final skirt length minus 1 inch x the entire width of your fabric Example: I want my skirt to be 11 inches when it's finished, so I cut my fabric to 10 inches long x 44 inches wide.
3. Cut a piece of your waistband fabric 3 inches long x 44 inches wide.
4. Iron your waistband fabric wrong sides together and pin along the long edge. Now your waistband is 1.5 inches long x 44 inches wide.
5. Lay your skirt fabric right side up and pin the raw edge of your waistband (not the folded edge) along the top edge (the width) of your skirt.
6. Sew using a 3/8 inch seam allowance. Trim threads. Serge or zig-zag stitch the raw edges. You can also use pinking shears to reduce fraying.
7. Press the waistband up with an iron. Topstitch your waistband seam using a 1/8 inch seam allowance. This will hold your waistband in place.
9. Measure your child's waist and subtract an inch. Cut a piece of 3/8 inch elastic this length. (Exampe: My daughter's waist is 20, so I cut a piece of elastic that is 19 inches long.)
11. Lay your skirt right sides together, matching the sides (raw edges), waistband and bias tape. Pin. Sew using a 3/8 inch seam allowance. Serge or zig-zag stitch.