Isn't it hard finding super cute things for boys this time of year? Girl's Easter outfits, dresses and appliqued shirts are everywhere but boys seem to have fewer options. I wanted to make my son an Easter shirt that wasn't too babyish (he's 3 years old) and didn't take too long. (How much time do I really have to be crafty each day? Just naptime of course!) So here's a super quick tutorial for a simple and sweet Easter bunny shirt for boys or girls! Enjoy!
TUTORIAL: Easter Bunny Applique Shirt
1. Materials: fabric for bunny applique, heat-n-bond, iron, bunny shape and a t-shirt
** Peel off the previous applique if there is one.
3. Lay your heat-n-bond on top of your printed bunny shape (or whatever applique shape you are using). **Make sure the paper side of the heat-n-bond is facing up.
4. Trace your shape.
5. Iron your heat-n-bond onto the BACK of the fabric you are using for your applique.
1. Sew around the bunny using a wide zig-zag stitcht. Make sure you needle goes on the bunny then off the bunny with each stitch.
2. You can use a straight stitch all the way around, staying as close to the edge of the bunny as you can.
3. You can use a basting stitch all the way around if you want to remove the applique later. (Thanks to Maridith of Strictly Homemade for sharing that tip! CLICK HERE: Temporary Holiday Shirt Applique TIPS!)
Done and ready to wear!