Sunday, March 20, 2011

Women's Ruffled Halter Sundress (sewing for myself!)

My Own Halter Sundress
So this weekend my husband watched the kids for a few hours so I could have some alone time...some "me" time...some time to relax and be creative. That really refreshes me! Does anyone else feel that way? Since the weather is getting really warm down here in the South I decided I needed a new dress. I made a halter sundress with a ruched empire waist and a ruffled border. It was a little too "bunchy" and big in the chest area at first so I altered it some and now it fits perfectly! Thank goodness I had my dress form, Jeanette, to use. She looked cute in it, too. I think I'm going to wear this one A LOT! I'm thinking of using different material and making a swimsuit cover-up next. Oh I love Spring and Summer!

11 comments:

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

What dress form do you use? Have been on the market to find a good one, and still looking :).

Dress looks awesome!

Sharon said...

It looks great,I love the fabric that you used! Did you make your own pattern?
where did you get your sandles? They go perfect with the dress. :)

Nancy said...

How pretty!!!! I love the fabric you chose. I need a swimsuit cover up, this dress pattern would be perfect for that!!!

mokru said...

Very cute! I never seem to make anything for myself but maybe one of these days!

Kelli said...

very cute! I've got the apparel itch and want to put my quilting tools away for awhile and dress Emma and me in dresses and skirts every day! Maybe some shorts for Chris and Oren...maybe not!! ;)

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Very pretty! You look gorgeous! :)

Andrea@addicted2tutes said...

Great dress! I always have intentions of sewing for me...but then end up with another kids project :)

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

That turned out so cute! I have a few things I've been wanting to make just for myself...I need to set some time aside. Glad you got a few hours to yourself! :)
shannonsews.blogspot.com

Abby said...

Love it! Looks so summery!

Anonymous said...

that's so stinkin cute! I want one! :) I'll have to drop in agian once you've done your swimsuit cover up. I need to make one,but I'm fishing for ideas right now.

Sachiko said...

I love the fabric you chose for this project, great job!