Monday, February 7, 2011

Mardi Gras Designs - Applique trumpet player and peasant dress

Mardi Gras Mambo!
Since we live in south Louisiana it's Mardi Gras time! King cakes are in the stores, Mardi Gras wreaths are hung on doors and purple, gold and green flags are flying. I thought I would try making a Mardi Gras themed applique shirt for my little boy. He loves anything that makes music, so I hope he likes this trumpet player silhouette. Looking at it I can just hear the jazz musician playing the, "Mardi Gras Mambo....down in New Orleans!" If my little boy was going to have something festive, so was my little girl. I made her a coordinating peasant dress from some Mardi Gras fabric I found at Hancock Fabrics. It's is colorful, wild and a little loud, but that's what Mardi Gras is, right?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love her dress! It's so cute and festive! And what a cute little model, too.

Unknown said...

I really love the dress too. The silhoutte has such detail!